Sodick Co., Ltd. (hereinafter called the company) considers it its important responsibility to respect customers' privacy and protect their personal information carefully. In operating its official Web site www.sodick.jp (hereinafter called this site), the company observes laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information and handles personal information according to the policy described below:
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information refers to such information that can be used to identify individuals, including names, addresses, mail addresses, access logs, other descriptions, numbers and/or marks assigned to individuals, other symbols, and images (hereinafter called the personal information).
Intended Use of Personal Information
The personal information provided by customers will be used by the company only for responding to or dealing with customer inquiries and requests and for such other purposes that are expressly specified by the company at the time the personal information is provided. The company will not use the personal information for any other purposes than these legitimate ones without prior consent of customers.
Acquisition of Personal Information
Through this site, the company may acquire the personal information by means such as inquiry forms to be filled out by customers in order to enable it to identify individual customers.
As a rule, the personal information is provided by customers at their own will. The company specifies clearly to customers in advance its purpose of acquiring the personal information. The information is acquired by lawful and fair means only to the extent not exceeding the limits necessary for achieving its intended use specified to customers.
Customers not wishing to provide their personal information can refuse to do so at their own will. In this case, however, they may not be able to use some of the services provided on this site.
Administration of Personal Information
The personal information acquired from customers is administered by the chief administrator of this site, who takes appropriate measures to protect the personal information from leakage, unauthorized use, alteration, loss, or damage.
In addition, the company tries to ensure security of the personal information when it is provided by customers through this site by using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or equivalent means to protect it from illegal access by third parties.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The personal information provided by customers will not be disclosed or provided to any third party except in the following cases:
- Disclosure to which the owner/provider of the personal information has consented
- Disclosure based on laws and regulation
- In case of disclosure necessary for the safeguarding of human life and health and the protection of property while consent of disclosure is not obtainable
- Disclosure in case of cooperation in the execution of legal matters by a national institution, local government body, or other entity with a relevant mandate
- Disclosure regarded specifically necessary for the furtherance of public sanitation or for the healthy upbringing of children while consent of disclosure is not obtainable
- Disclosure in a way that individuals cannot be identified (such as in statistics)
- Disclosure to the company's subsidiaries to enable the personal information to be shared between the company and its subsidiaries or between the subsidiaries for use within the limits necessary for achieving the intended use.
- In case of disclosure and provision to companies in cooperative agreements or service providers within the scope necessary for the attainment of the purposes of use (In these cases, an agreement concerning the handling of personal information will be concluded when disclosure is made or when information is provided, and the appropriate management of such disclosures and data at the disclosure recipient will be monitored.)
- Disclosure in case of shared usage
(In this case, predetermined information such as the scope of disclosure of sharing users will either be advised to customers or published on the company website.)
Procedures for the disclosure, correction, and deletion, etc., of personal information
In accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, requests from customers seeking disclosure, correction, or deletion, etc., of personal information held by the company will be processed after their identity as information owner or authorized representative has been verified within reasonable time and scope in an appropriate manner based on predetermined procedures.
Customer inquiries or requests concerning personal information can be made through the inquiry form provided on this website. Customers are reminded that inquiries might not be processed in the following cases.
- If the identity as information owner or authorized representative cannot be verified
- If the inquiry is unrelated to personal information held by the company
- If the disclosure of personal information held by the company might materially interfere with the appropriate execution of the company's operations
- If the disclosure of personal information held by the company is unlawful
- If deletion or discontinuation of use, etc., is sought in the absence of a breach of procedures concerning personal information held by the company (such as usage or acquisition for purposes other than disclosed or external provision for third party on grounds other than disclosed, etc.)
While these cookies identify browsers used by customers, they do not identify their personal information, but only grasp the circumstances of the site being viewed.
Revision of this Policy
The contents of this policy are subject to revision as required by change in the company's services and/or progress of on-line technology. Please look at the policy periodically to confirm its latest version.