Medium and Long Term Strategies
Long-term Management Plan
Sodick group's long term vision to cover the period up to 2026 when Sodick will celebrate its 50th anniversary.
Medium Term Management Plan
Targeting net sales of 81,600 million yen
with operating income of 7,900 million yen by FY22/12
* Figures for FY17/12 are group-wide results for the period of January-December 2017 provided for the purpose of comparison.
* The effect of the spread of the novel coronavirus pneumonia is not factored into the projections for FY20/12 onwards.
Propositions for medium-term and long-term growth
Strategies by Operation Division
Machine Tool Operations
- Expand market shares in all regions
- Accelerate sales and R&D in metal 3D printers
- Reduce manufacturing costs through efficiency gains in production and making parts in common
- Expand sales of precision machining center, targeting high-precision related market
Industrial Machinery Operations
- Raise overseas sales ratio to at least 70%
- Create new demand by further expanding the product line-up
- Promote efforts for cost of sales reduction projects aimed at strengthening earning capacity
Food Processing Machinery Operations
- Strengthen earning capacity through plant expansion
- Expand overseas sales through product development for overseas markets
- Develop products other than noodle making machines and sterile-packed rice production system, and open up new markets for them